The following are 52 powerful success principles important to your family's success. Circle the number of each principle you have evaluated or worked on.
Fill in the circle when that principle has been mastered.
|Basic Family Boosters (13 weeks)|
1. Schedule Regular Family Times (Weekly Family Home Evening)
2. Hold Weekly Parent Executive Meetings & Personal Support & Co-Planning for Success Interviews
3. Share Fun Experiences
4. Start and Continue a Family History
5. Establish a Family Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, and Constitution
6. Identify and Value Desired Family Roles and Relationships
7. Share in Each Otherís Successes
8. Accept and Value Each Otherís Differences
9. Show Care & Value by Doing Special Things for One Another
10. Express Thanks and Appreciation Often
11. Show Courtesy in Words and Actions
12. Find and Use Meaningful Ways to Express Love
13. Avoid Constant Corrections
|Positive Behavior Boosters (13 weeks)|
14. Know and Model What You Want
15. Learn and Teach Positive Values and Behaviors (Character Skills) (Belief Windows and Control Systems)
16. Have Continued Common Goals.
17. Change the Environment for Positive Results. Use alternative learning conditions or ways of doing things Ė even arrangement of furniture
18. Make Sure each Person Has Good Friends and a Productive and Satisfying Support Group
19. Use the Growth Equation: Care + Conflict = Growth. ďLove your neighbor as you love yourself.Ē Establish that each person each time is to be treated with dignity and respect
20. Make Positive Deposits in Each Otherís Self-Esteem. Honestly Recognize and Admire Each Other at His or Her Best.
21. Notice and Label What You Want with Target Talk. Use the Power of Positive Expectations and Use of the Reciprocal. Act toward the other person as if he or she Ö
22. Recognize the Power of Conditioning. (Attention, Significance, and Effect on the Environment) Use Natural or Logical Consequences. Do a Behavior Analysis. Watch for patterns and rewards. No right to hinder others.
23. Give and Protect the Other Person a Desirable Reputation. Give the Other Person a Chance to Do It Right. Avoid Freezing a Person in His or Her Undesirable Habits. Be Open About Your Own Mistakes Before Talking About the Other Personís Mistakes. Protect Self-Esteem by Recognizing Good Intentions. Ask for the Behavior You Need Without Indicating Intentional Wrongdoing.
24. Use the Power of Positive Practice. The development of habits. Use the Power of Investment. ďWhere your treasure is ÖĒ
25. Use Win/Win problem solving (Care Cards) Ask Questions and Offer Suggestions Instead of Giving Orders. Make the Other Person Happy About Doing What is Needed
26. Make the Fault Seem Easy to Correct and the Next Step Easy to Take. Look For and Recognize Even Small Improvements.
|People Success Boosters (13 weeks)|
27. Feel Good About Yourself and Exhibit a Positive Attitude
29. Participate in Happy or Good Experiences with Others
30. Show an Eager Interest in Meeting People. Take the Initiative in Introducing Yourself with Name, Handshake, and Eye Contact
31. Remember and Use Peopleís Names
32. Help People Feel Important
33. Show Honest Admiration
34. Help the Other Person be His or Her Best
35. Encourage Others to Talk About Themselves
36. Learn and Talk About the Other Personís Interests
37. Be and Share Yourself and Your Own Interests
38. Serve and be Served. Be There In Time of Need
39. Avoid Pointing Out Faults
|Leadership and Communication Boosters (13 weeks)|
40. Make Your Purposes and Desired Outcomes Clear
41. Feel and Show Sincere Enthusiasm for Your Ideas
42. Build a Success Team with Common Goals and T-R-U-S-T
43. Discover & Empower Dreams through F-A-I-T-H and M-A-G-I-C
44. Use Showmanship to Get Your Ideas Across. Organize and Support Your Ideas with Stories, Examples, Facts, etc.
45. Get What You Want by Helping Other People Get What They Want
46. Offer Exciting Challenges and a Chance to Be Recognized
47. Ask for Specific Help and Express Gratitude for It
48. Listen Fully to What the Other Person Has to Say
49. Find Out the Other Personís Motivations and Points of View. Appeal to the Other Personís Best Motives. Show Sincere Care for the Other Personís Goals, Feelings, and Problems
50. Value the Other Personís Views and Opinions. Give the Other Person Credit for Needed Ideas. Do Not Indicate the Other Person is Wrong. Be Honest About Your Own Mistakes
51. Emphasize Where You Agree and Get the Other Person Saying Yes
52. Build Relationships and Potential for a Productive Future. Reassure Your Continued Friendliness and Goodwill.